An exciting opportunity has arisen at the award-winning Maltings Coffee Shop at Annandale Distillery in Annan. We are looking for a Kitchen Assistant to join our team in the Dumfries & Galloway Café of the Year.
Title: Kitchen Assistant
Department(s): The Maltings Coffee Shop at Annandale Distillery
Reports to: Café Supervisor
Join our team at The Maltings Coffee Shop at Annandale Distillery.
We are looking for a kitchen assistant for our award-winning café at the five-star visitor attraction in Annan.
Purpose of the role
As a kitchen assistant in our coffee shop in our thriving distillery, you will work with our team to prepare, cook, and present high-quality dishes, providing a memorable experience for our visitors.
This is a full-time, permanent position, 40-hours-a-week.
- Prepare, cook, and present food according to The Maltings Coffee Shop’s standards.
- Adhere to food hygiene and safety regulations at all times to maintain a clean and efficient kitchen environment.
- Work as part of a team, maintaining open communication with the supervisor and other staff members.
- Ensure equipment is kept in good condition and report any issues promptly to the supervisor.
- Deliver excellent customer service, responding to feedback, and making necessary adjustments to recipes.
- Clean the kitchen and store area and help with food/kitchen stock deliveries.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a similar environment.
- Familiarity with a variety of cooking procedures and methods.
- Ability to perform well under pressure during busy periods.
- Comprehensive understanding of food hygiene regulations and procedures.
- A creative approach to food that complements our range of beverages.
- Good communication skills.
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Professional Cookery or equivalent is desirable.
- Please note that there is a fair amount of manual handling involved in this role.
- Candidates must be aged over 18 as they will be working with alcohol.
Salary and benefits
Salary: from £10.90 per hour
Benefits include: Company pension, employee discount, store discount, access to Cycle to Work scheme, on-site parking.
You should expect to be available to work Monday to Sunday, an average of 40 hours a week, over 5 days a week, including a minimum of two weekends a month. You should be flexible to work days, evenings, weekends, and national holidays.
The Maltings Coffee Shop, Annandale Distillery, Northfield, Annan, DG125LL
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are invited to submit their CV, along with a cover letter explaining why they are suitable for the role, to Ashley Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org